Add a New Page to Your WordPress Site
Updated: January 15, 2017
- Click on Pages in the dashboard menu list.
- Click Add New.
- Add your content (more about this later).
- Publish by clicking the blue “Publish” button on the right.
- View your site. (You can do this by clicking on your site name at the top left beside the little house icon.)
- When you are looking at your home page the title of your new page does not appear in the navigation bar (under or above your site header). Don’t panic. You just need to add it to the menu.
Adding Pages to Your Menu
- In the dashboard menu list, click Appearance > Menus.
- At the top of the menus page, there is a box for the Menu Name. Depending on your theme, your choices could be:
- main menu
- top menu
- top navigation
- social menu
Unless you have made another menu, you will most likely only have one or maybe two choices (if your theme has a social menu).
- Choose the one that is not a social menu.
- On the left side of the menus page, there is a list of your pages with check boxes. Check the box next to the page(s) you want to add. You should see them added to the menu in the centre of your page.
- If you like, you can make “child” pages (sub pages) by dragging the pages to the right a little to indent them. They would appear in the drop down menu of the “parent” page title (not indented and directly above).
- Click to save the menu. The tab will be at the top and will say something like: “save menu” or “publish” or “update”.
- Now when you return to your website, the page you just added should appear as a clickable link in the navigation bar .